Rustic Dots

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Super Spooky Canyon!



We have been on the early out schedule all week from Addison's school. We decided to try to do a few fun things as a family before Todd has to go back to finish a few more things in SA. SO! Monday we drove up Farmington Canyon to roast some weanies and mallows. You know I have been up there before, and I remember that the drive always scared me. I thought that I must have just been over-reacting. NOPE! I was not. That is the spookiest drive ever! You're dangling off the side of a mountain on a sliding, winding gravel road that is not wide enough for vehicles to pass. So you just have to pray that the oncoming motorists are being safe and driving slow, because one of you has to pull over either next to the mountain, or precariously close to the edge! Addison was wishing we could just go back, that we had never gotten the wild idea in the first place (he takes after me in the "worry" department). Mailee was crying, so stressed she fell asleep after about 3 minutes. And Alivia, well, if you know Livie, you know she was wanting to hang out the window and scream something like, "We WOOL (Rule)!" (Still working on those "R's".) Todd thinks I over-react.
Once we were finally up there, though, everyone loved it! We went exploring a trail, burned all our wood scraps to cook some tasty campfire food, and had a great FHE lesson. The sun setting was beautiful, and it really was amazing to look out over the whole valley.
Next time, though, I might talk Todd into taking us into the mountains through a little different path!

4 comments:

Craig and Aly said...

Ha ha! I am dying of laughter because I can totally picture the whole thing! It all sounds like fun...well except the drive. Oh and that last picture rocks!

conforming to the non comformist. said...

I agree, Farmington canyon road is the scariest! I still remember driving up there with my family when I was little and being scared of falling off.

Amateur Steph said...

Sorry Cassie, that was me. My sister used the computer and I didn't notice she was signed in.

beck said...

That's an awesome comment before mine. :)

Will you guys come play soon? Seriously. Dinner sometime?