Rustic Dots

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

San Antonio Rodeo

Todd's parents came for a little visit last week. We drove on over to the stock show and rodeo. We happened upon the army recruiters and you're not a White if you don't accept a little strength challenge here and there. So, of course, Todd's dad asked him to see how many push-ups they would make him do for a T-shirt. For Todd, they settled with 65 and holding the last one down for 30 seconds. We whooped and cheered and Todd succeeded. It was a proud moment.
So then, they dickered about how many they would make a 63 year-old man do. They army guys set the standard at 30. He pumped out 45, no problem. Another proud moment.

Happy with our dog chains and T-shirts, we walked away. But, no such luck.....wouldn't it be fun to see how many they'd make Cassie do? Sheesh, wouldn't that be good entertainment? And being the glutton for punishment that I am...I lined up. The free T-shirt could be had at 25. Shnikees, I haven't even attempted a push-up for years. I did it though, by the skin of my teeth, I busted out 25 of those little babies. My mother-in-law was surprised that I had strength in "those scrawny little arms." Hmm!Addison forgot his shoes. Wouldn't you know it? Going to a rodeo, and forgot his shoes. Needless to say, his socks didn't make the ride home!Always the sugar-lover, little Livie was in heaven with cotton candy!

And Mailee's very kissable cheeks were put to good use by her grandma!

9 comments:

Craig and Aly said...

Ha ha...What people will do for a free T shirt! I am so proud of you! You didn't even do them "girl style"! How did the downloading process go? Your pics look great!

Anne-Marie said...

What a fun post! Jonny and I are feeling for Addison and his feet.

Regan said...

I am very impressed with your push-ups. Let's just say there is no way that I would have gotten a t-shirt.

kristi lou said...

That's awesome Cass! I LOVE that Addison forgot his shoes at the Rodeo! So funny!

Forester Family said...

Thanks for the invite! It was great to see you again. Your kids are growing up so fast. Did you know that we were moving back to San Antonio in June? We'd love to reconnect when we get back in town!!

Jeani said...

That's great! I actually giggled out loud reading about the White pushup display! Twenty-five! Holy cow! And Todd and Wes? Shucks, I'm just so proud.

Becca said...

you're my idol!

Anonymous said...

'atta girl, Cassie!

Didn't Wes have a pinched nerve in his neck too? That's impressive. But, the man never really was able to back down from a challenge, though, right?

Kandice said...

you crack me up! I have a goal to do 15 man push ups by the end of the summer. (keep in mind, I lift weights on a regular basis) I HAVE NO UPPER BODY STRENGTH!!! You are such a tough chick! And I know what it is like to have a child forget shoes!!! Ha Ha.