Rustic Dots

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mailee is 2!




We celebrated Mailee's birthday a couple days early this year becuase Todd had to head back to San Antonio to finish up a bunch of work and wouldn't be here for the actual day. I had my D&C that morning from my miscarriage, so I didn't have the opportunity to make my poor baby a cake this year, but we got an icecream cake, and that makes up the difference! It was delicious! She was so fun in her excitement. I think her favorite part may just have been her brother and sister piping up with a "cha cha cha" everytime we took a breath in our rendition of the "Happy Birthday" song. It was fun to have both sets of grandparents there for the occasion in our new house in Kaysville!

5 comments:

Gina said...

She is soo cute. I can't believe how much she looks like Todd! Cassie I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope and pray that you will be able to try again someday!

Craig and Aly said...

Ice cream cake defiantly makes up for a home made cake! She looks so cute!

kristi lou said...

"...new house in Kaysville." ?!?! I'm totally jealous! Congrats!

...Miscarriage is such a sad thing. Oh, I'm so sorry Cassie.

Kimberly said...

Don't you love two-year-olds? Definitely not terrible! I'm glad you have recovered well and we are happy to finally have you closer! We need to come visit. Good luck!

Bronwyn James said...

Oh my goodness, I've missed a thing or two. You moved to UT?

I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. My first pregnancy ended with a D&C after waiting 7 weeks for a miscarriage that just wouldn't come. It's such an emotional experience. I hope you have lots of support and help. Best of luck with everything!