Since Todd has been in Texas working for so long while I have been here in Utah...and we found out he was going to be there even longer...
He decided to come home for the kids' first week of school.
Todd can't sit still while he can see that something needs to be done, so for the week he was here, he thought he'd give our yard some good attention. He spent three days straight on a bobcat trying to get things leveled and bringing in some top soil for our nasty clay soil. That left us two days to get the entire sprinkling system in. Ya, right! All our family members available came to help digging trenches, laying pipe, connecting sprinlers...you name it! Despite some pretty amazing efforts, we didn't quite finish. The week after Todd left, I did my best to finish things off with some really dedicated help from our families, but I didn't finish.... the next week, I didn't finish... Why do some projects just seem to stretch themselves out forever?!
We are getting pretty close though. The day before yesterday, my dad and I spent some good time trying to get them set right so they didn't spray into our neighbors yards. I have to admit, it was a good crack up when one of my neighbors came to talk to me about some trees I planted and got hosed down when my dad turned on another line to test. Let's just say we were a dripping, muddy mess when the whole ordeal was over. I'm not really sure how other people do things gracefully, but we...we make some serious messes.
Hopefully we'll get the final bugs worked out of this project BEFORE next week ends!!! And if you're family reading this...THANKS SO MUCH for you HELP! What in the world would we do without you?!
Oh, since I'm thanking people too, I should shout out a big thanks for Bryce Widdison. With all the craziness that has gone on with our move to Utah, he stepped in and has helped so much. If I were him I would run from us! But he's got a plane ticked to fly to San Antonio to help Todd move the last of our things from Texas later this month. Really truly, we would still be moving our stuff in if it wasn't for him.
4 comments:
you guys are such hard workers. Your house is GORGEOUS!!!!!
OOOooo! I'm liking the house. Super pretty. Can't wait to come and visit.:) And I hope you were able to finish up the project and take a deep sigh of relief when it was all done.
Looks like fun! And your house is GORGEOUS!!! good luck on the sprinkling system. It seems like the work is never done even when you think you are done!
Something about that last picture is really classic.
Post a Comment