Rustic Dots

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Alivia's Birthday Bash!











I didn't want Livie to feel the sting of the fact that her daddy was going to miss her birthday this year. He felt awful, but is doing his best to get his work done in San Antonio and come home. Anyway, so I was open to pretty much anything she suggested. She said she wanted to sleep over at grandma and grandpa's house. Simple enough. Sounded like a good suggestion to me.
As we talked about it, I realized that she meant sleep in tents at grandma and grandpa's. I haphazardly invited other family memebers to do the same because they would be there for the celebration, not really thinking anyone would take me up on the offer. Craziest thing...EVERYONE took me up on the offer. Every single one of my siblings and thier families (except Aly, 'cuz she's in Arizona) came and set up tents and spent the night in my parents back yard!
We roasted hot dogs on thier fire pit and watched movies on an enormous screen hung on the back of thier house. The theme of the party was Strawberry Shortcake, and I was cracking up seeing my whole entire family sit through Strawberry Shortcake: Happily Ever After. The were really good sports!
What a night! I have to say the whole thing turned out to be a ton of fun, minus one very important daddy.

10 comments:

Todd said...

You amaze me once again lil' wifey! Amazing cake and birthday bash. I have an awesome little family. Miss and love you guys!

Anne-Marie said...

I love the cake! What a fun, fun party!!! Sounds like the best!

jillian said...

Amazing cake!!! how did you make it? So fun, the whole sleep over thing!

Craig and Aly said...

Ok I love Livi's outfit she looks like the cutest little birthday girl ever! Cass the cake is ADORABLE! Why did you get all the talent? You left me with squat! I wish I could have been there!

Becca said...

What a fun night and what a GREAT cake. We miss you.

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Wow! Cool cake and cool party. I bet your so happy so be surrounded by family. I'm sure you all are so excited when the Dad of the house comes home--it's just not the same without Dad around. Hang in there-it looks like the smiles are still there, good for you guys!

Cristi said...

Hey Cassie! I ran into Wighty the other night while doing a recording for Jenny. He told me you're pregnant again! Congrats! He also said that you might audition for her group once your new baby comes. That would be SO amazing WONDERFUL!! I'm so excited you guys are back in Utah! Love and miss you!

Kandice said...

Hey Cass, that is the cutest cake ever! I will call you one day . . . sounds like you are super busy by yourself and congrats on the previous comment. You are a brave woman! Don't know if we will ever get to four ourselves! We do have to catch up soon!

The White Wash said...

You never fail to amaze me Cassie!!! and Todd. SO much fun to see you this summer. Hopefully it will be again soon. love ya.

Colette said...

Seriously Cassie! Is ther anything you cannot do?