On Valentines Day I was blind and sick and not much fun for my family. Despite that, Todd went to a lot of work to recreate the day he asked me to marry him...which was Valentines Day 10 years ago. He made the same meal and used our kids as servers. They were adorable. We were impressed that Addison didn't spill the plates when he came out with two plates heaping with food. Impressed and thankful! Since I was sick, I didn't really get the opportunity to do much for him. So, this last week he has been in San Antonio again and I thought I'd get busy working on something for him. We both saved all the letters we wrote to each other while he was on his mission to Kiev Ukraine. I decided to order and organize them, slide them into sheet protectors, and make a book out of them. There were two 3 inch binders full of them. And it took 2 Costco sized sheet protector boxes to cover them all. I think it will be fun to go back and read them in order. Fun and painful. Living without your best friend for two years was a challenge I hope to never have to relive. Anyway, I used grainy pictures of a famous building in Ukraine and the Spori at Ricks College for the cover. I like it. It will be something I'm sure we'll treasure.Sunday, February 28, 2010
Valentines Day
On Valentines Day I was blind and sick and not much fun for my family. Despite that, Todd went to a lot of work to recreate the day he asked me to marry him...which was Valentines Day 10 years ago. He made the same meal and used our kids as servers. They were adorable. We were impressed that Addison didn't spill the plates when he came out with two plates heaping with food. Impressed and thankful! Since I was sick, I didn't really get the opportunity to do much for him. So, this last week he has been in San Antonio again and I thought I'd get busy working on something for him. We both saved all the letters we wrote to each other while he was on his mission to Kiev Ukraine. I decided to order and organize them, slide them into sheet protectors, and make a book out of them. There were two 3 inch binders full of them. And it took 2 Costco sized sheet protector boxes to cover them all. I think it will be fun to go back and read them in order. Fun and painful. Living without your best friend for two years was a challenge I hope to never have to relive. Anyway, I used grainy pictures of a famous building in Ukraine and the Spori at Ricks College for the cover. I like it. It will be something I'm sure we'll treasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So fun to catch up on your news! Your kids are so darn cute. Happy Anniversary, and Merry Christmas, and Happy Thanksgiving, and here's to hoping you can see again soon!
Fun Idea! Good job on the cover...I like!
That is such a good idea. And knowing you I'm sure the book looked beautiful! We got to see Todd when he was down here the other week. It was fun to see him. We miss you guys!
hmmm good idea. I might have to steal it. Although you were probably really nice while Todd was on his mission. When Jeremy was gone, I was mostly just grouchy! :)
What a great idea. I love(d) the Spori building. I think it is awesome that you guys have been friends for so long. We miss your family.
Post a Comment