Rustic Dots

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December goings-on!


Of course we've been busy during the holiday season, who hasn't? but I do wish I'd cut the extra projects out! I had to re-wire all the berries on my tree, so they'd look right. Not to mention making the stars. I do really like it though. Merry Christmas to me. That's what I wanted for Christmas, so that's what I got...myself! :) I also got beaded board around my island. That was definately a bonus. It took us a little over a day, but we got it all done, and I REALLY like it. I think it makes such a difference...and if we're staying home this year, we might as well make home nice!

The most hairy project I've been working on is memory books for my grandparents. 2 years ago I interviewed them and typed up 11 pages each of their life stories. It was killer then. NOW, I got the hair-brained idea to add pictures and turn them into hard-bound books that any one in our families can order. With some help of my parents, I finished them last night at 2:00am (for the third night in a row). But I'm done, and I think it'll be something we'll really cherish for years.

Addison's preschool class went to see Santa for a little outing...so we snapped a few fun pictures too!

Hope things are going well for all of you!

7 comments:

Becca said...

You are so busy and talented! The memory books sound so neat. I am sure your grandparents with LOVE that. Your island looks really nice.

Tara said...

Love the island! Enjoy your homey Christmas, minus the hassle of traveling. I'm kinda looking forward to that this year too...

Craig and Aly said...

I don't know what happened to my comment, I left a comment the other night. Oh well! I think your island looks awesome! I can't beleive everything you do! Can you come decorate my home??? The books are so cute I already ordered both and I can't wait to get them! I am so sad that you won't be home for christmas this year, I will miss you and your darling family!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Cassie! What were the stars made of--were they embroidered? Juli said your house was really cute. Looks like she was right! By the way--we love staying home for Christmas--even when we were poor students in Memphis. Have Fun!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

WON DER WO MAN!

Kristen said...

Your tree looks great and so does your island. What a talented woman!

Windy said...

love your blog!! you always do everthing so cute!! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!! Love, WIndy

windy-thepriceisright.blogspot.com/