Rustic Dots

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Tagged

So Missy Tagged me. I guess I never really think that people have enough time to read about me, but when I got thinking about what I would answer, it was such an exercise in psychology that I thought I'd give it a go. After all, you don't have to read it if you don't want....

Let's start with the rules:

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I CHEER FOR THE UNDERDOG. What does that mean? Well, if you haven't been given the upper-hand, I'm on your team. I generally don't seek after the cutie-pattootie people who have all the friends they need. I tend to lie low and pop up when I see the need. I didn't realize it until a few years ago, but my grandmother and mother are this way too. It tends to make me everyone's friend, but no-one's great friend. Mmm, this is getting too complex....on to the next one.

2. I always kinda wished I was a COWGIRL. That sounds a little strange, but I think it comes from my parents. They always wanted to raise us on a farm in Wyoming...I guess I listened so much that I thought it was who I really was...inside. I love hard workers and want to be thought of as a hard worker. I can think of no better way than farm life. Anyhow, I'm not. I had a dog. End of story.

3. This probably comes as no surprise, but my husband is truly my best friend. We have been friends for so long that I think he has had a HUGE part in molding me into who I am...which is why I bring it up. In High School, luckily, it was cool to be good. We were really good influences on each other. I remember trying to be better so many times, so that I could be good like Todd, or good enough for Todd. I am grateful that I have known him my entire life.

4. I have always been driven and project oriented. Sometimes I drive myself crazy with my need to be accomplishing something. I have to stop myself for my children's sake. Sometimes they just need me to chill and play with them. It's good because I accomplish a lot, but it's bad because I'm not always accomplishing the most important thing. Crafts fill this need to be productive a lot for me. I love to be working on a craft. In high school I got a sewing machine, and in college I started getting power tools for Christmas. I couldn't afford to do anything with them for a while after we moved to San Antonio, but that's past, and I really enjoy just making ...stuff.

5. Music has been a huge influence in my life. I have had many opportunities to dance and sing and develope my talents in musical areas. There's one thing that I think really hinders my ablility to use music at this stage in my life, and its my ability to play the piano. I REALLY want to get better. That has been pretty impossible without a piano, but we have a clunker out in one of our units that I'm going to start restoring and see what I can come up with. It is one of those life long goals.

6. Finally, Todd and I have talked about this before...we both thought our families were not "normal" growing up. I really loved my family and didn't want them to change, but I was scared that someone else would think we were weird. I remember when I made cheerleader in 7th grade that they came to pick me up for an initiation on Sunday night. I was outside jumping on the tramp with my brothers and we had just finished making homemade donuts. Why was I mortified? Those are good things. I think I was too self-consious. It made me a little shy. And I had a hard time being very outgoing although I tried like the dickens. Anyway, now I am so proud of my family. We probably aren't normal, but they are who I love, and what I am used to. Maybe it's been a long road, but I really like who I am, and where I came from.

Well, there's me in a deep layered nutshell. Now I tag: Aly, Lizzy, Becca, Kristen, Emilie, and You!

9 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I loved reading these things about you, Cassie. I think you are an absolutely wonderful, solid person of complete quality. I want to be more like you...and I think my husband would appreciate it if I were more like you too. You have so many amazing qualities.

Becca said...

I see that you "tagged" me. I am not sure if I will do it or not cause I just don't think there are very many interesting things to say about me. I LOVED reading about you though. It's always fun to learn more about what makes a person.

Becca said...

So many people used to say that about Mike. I think as he has grown up and his face has filled out and he doesn't have feathered hair anymore we don't hear it as much but he used to get it ALL THE TIME. Funny!

Kristen said...

Thanks for your comments. I'm with you on the craft closet. That is my closet and it never gets organized. I have too many "started" incomplete projects but my goal is to finish them before we move. We'll see . . .

Kajsa said...

i enjoyed reading about you, what a wonderful person you are! i got that olive oil thing from my mom who got it at a church activity about Christ. I thought it was kinda cool and different to do for Christmas, I forgot to call and tell you that in the inside there is a little activity fill in the blank thing. Hope to see yall soon, we will have to get together sometime

estarks2000@yahoo.com said...

So, I did your tagged thing! It took me forever and too long! And once you start it you can't stop!...but it fun. You must have wrote yours right after or before we had talked, because they were similar in topic...anyway you know wha i mean

Windy said...

Cassie, I really enjoyed reading your blog hope you don't mind I added it to my blog. I got your info from Missy's site. http://windy-thepriceisright.blogspot.com/

Forester Family said...

Cassie,
thanks for leaving a comment! I've checked yours out also. Ya'll are such a beautiful family. I've enjoyed checking in with you too. Hope you don't mind if I add you to our page!! Patsy

Jeani said...

Loved It!!! All of it! The new pictures are great! Cute little Livie looks older in her dance clothes, precious Mailee IS older, and big brother in the background is adorable, not to mention those golfing pictures! Sooo fun! Loved the comments on yourself. That's my Cassie! Love you to pieces and can't wait to hug the stuffin's out of all of you!