Rustic Dots

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Digi Scrappers




My kids LOVE hearing stories--any story, but especially stories featuring themselves. I can't tell you how many times they ask to hear the story of their births, what they did as babies, etc. About the time Alivia was born I had so much to do that my scrapbooking got left in the dust. I promised myself that I wouldn't let another year go by without documenting their lives. I got a little down on scrapbooking because of how long it took, the amazing mess it made, and the astronomical cost, if you actually did anything cute. Then, when you had a completed page, there was only one copy, so what do you do with it, keep it and tell your kids to go fly a kite when they wanted a few pictures of themselves someday?
Last year I happened upon the idea of digital scrapbooking. LOVE IT! The mess is gone, the cost is FREE (you do have to pay when you print them--and if you spend money on the kits--which I never have) and I can print as many copies as we need. Viola! Problem solved. Now I just need to keep my promise to ourselves and get the work done! :)
Happy scrapping!

6 comments:

Becca said...

you will have to teach me how to do that. I have heard so much about it. Super cute. I am about 6 years behind. Whoa!

Bonnie said...

Cute pages Cassie. What are your favorite free digital scrapping sites? I have not done a lot with that aspect of it and I want to. I LOVE to scrapbook!

Craig and Aly said...

Cute! Cute! Where is the robot page...how did it turn out? I can't wait for christmas we will have to have a photoshop scrapbooking day!!! Once again...WAY TO GO!

Cristi said...

Could there be a cuter, more creative mom than you?!

Kandice said...

yes, i agree. i love to scrapbook, but the whole time, money, one copy only thing is a bummer. I have a dvd burner and the software to make movies now, so I am going to make dvds of our pictures and video clips to music every year, make a copy for each of my kids and voila!!!!!! i think dvds cost less than a buck! LOVE IT!!! I will print some pictures though--because you just have to have some still!

Gina said...

What websites are you using for this. I LOVE the idea. I haven't scrapbooked since my oldest was a newborn. I'm so behind!!