Todd has been in Dallas all week at a residency for school. We have had lots of fun entertaining ourselves. Thanks to the Williamson's my kids are now Curios George fanatics and have thoroughly studied the daily episodes...hence robot building...

Instructions for building a robot...by Addison White.

The completed project.

Alivia's version.

You're not supposed to know they don't have motors. They are people powered, but it's a secret!

Addison also recently drew pictures of what each of us will be when we grow up. Todd isn't sure my profession will produce much income! :) Kites just don't bring it in like they used to!

Alivia should have plenty to share as an inventor though.

Addison might not do so bad as an astronaut either.

And Todd, what a guy! He is going to help sick, sad people across the street! (Notice the tears!)
AND thank heavens for cardboard boxes. They are the #1 toy! We have had tons of fun with them! Who needs snow and sleds? :)
10 comments:
Adooorrrable! I seriously laughed so hard I cried--and then I did cry. I'm a mother/grandmother. We do that.
Cass I think you are lucky to be a kite flyer! Who wants to be a rocket scientist anyways?:) I loved the dawings,pictures and the video of Addison! Looking at how much fun you can have with a box really makes me want to be a kid again! I love your cute little kids and I miss you guys!
Your house is like a birthday party every day! I would kill for robot boxes like those. They are fine pieces of work, and you can tell them I said so - even though they have no idea who I am. :-)
I loved the stair video! Your little boy is so cute. My kids like to take their sleeping bags, and do the same thing! It will be all fun and games, till one of them comes crying to me because they got hurt! We use to do the same thing growing up though! Cheap fun! Right?
Kelli
p.s. sorry about the food coloring! I would be so mad!
what adorable kids you have! those are awesome robots! and how fun to slide down the stairs, we used to do that when we were little!
Hey, this is Shauna Singleton ( Brians's wife). I dont think we have met yet but I guess I am kinda your cousin. I came across your blog and decided to say hello. Your kids are CUTE! We have a blog too if you want to check it out. www.singletoncrew.blogspot.com
Hopefully I will meet you soon. (Maybe at Natalie's wedding?)
Later.
I am so glad you found our blog...I have to admit I have checked your blog before. Your family is so cute...and you look so good!! I am jealous:)
Lexi made us watch this about a half dozen times. Looks like a ball! She said Addison is her favorite cousin and she's super glad that she got to give him a Christmas present that he can build robots with (not really sure that's what it does, but she's convinced). And I wanted to be a kite flier... I'm so jealous! ;)
That's really cute. Jenna made us watch Addison three times. How did you get such a cute blog background? I have been trying to get ours going for the puppies that we are expecting any day. It's very frustrating. Maybe I'll call you! Kim Hatch
I need new pictures to look at! Update:)
Post a Comment