Rustic Dots

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mailee's 1st Birthday!




My sweetie peteetie is 1! She is so much fun. We took her to Sea World to splash around in the kiddie pool for a while and she LOVED it. She is such a water baby...definately a White! :) I was pretty proud of her cake too. I have to be...it was my second attempt. The first one ended up a disaster! The ears are cardboard stuck into the cake with dowels. I kept pulling them out and putting them in again trying to decide where they looked the cutest. OOOPS! It demolished the cake. It ended up a crumbly mess and then the head fell off. I was so sad. Todd was a good enough sport to run to the store and buy a few more cakes, powdered sugar and butter, and I tried once again. Learning from my mistakes, it went pretty fast. And I have to say...I think it turned out pretty darn cute...if I do say so myself. :)

11 comments:

Cristi said...

That cake is SO cute! And Mailee is ADORABLE! I can't believe your baby is 1!! Miss you!

Craig and Aly said...

SOOOOO cute! You are just so dang talented! Give Mailee a big fat birthday kiss for me!

jillian said...

you did a wonderful job on the cake!!wow! happy birthday Mailee!

Rochelle said...

Ok...can I hire you for my next cake? You are so amazing Cass...you can do anything! I love that about you...never afraid to try!
I can't believe Mailee is one! She is so dang sweet and adorable. I just love her (along with the rest of the White family, of course!).
You're the best!

Becca said...

I think that you are completely disgusting!!!! Everything you do is so cute. I can't believe that Mailee is one! Where does the time go?

Tara said...

Super cute cake for a super cute baby! Happy 1st Mailee-Moo.

Bonnie said...

Cassie
Your cake decorating skills "take the cake". I was impressed. I cannot believe Mailee is a year old already. What a sweet baby girl.

Anne-Marie said...

I'm with Becca :)

Amateur Steph said...

I am so impressed with your cake! I try doing things like that, and they look ghetto. Happy birthday to Mailee!

The White Wash said...

Cassie, you never fail to amaze me with the cakes. I wish I cared enough to make such cool ones. I know if I tried they would not turn out like yours though. Happy Bday Mailee

Ps I tag you, Please check my site out to see how to play. Love ya Miss

Derek said...

That cake is amazing! I decorate cakes too, but I've never seen a 3D elephant....you did a GREAT JOB!