Rustic Dots

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Stake Musical

Our stake did a stake musical extravaganza. It was so much fun, and Todd and I had the opportunity to play the roles of Belle and Beast in Beauty and the Beast. It was such a great experience...and another chance for Todd to win the role of "good sport." He loves me...he really loves me! :)

Our role was only a small part though. We reinacted musical selections from three wonderful musicals: Les Miserables, Beauty and the Beast, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. So, we had the chance to play other crazy roles as well.
If you hate the make-up, now you know where to point the finger. :)
Let's just say the "Beast" costume was so hard to do well...I thought so much about it, but Todd still felt like an idiot. OH, well, the kids in the stake all loved it. They called him a "nice beast."
Choosing books.
Funny expression. I hope I didn't hold that one too long! :) Sung: "It's my favorite part because you'll see. Here's where she meets prince charming..."
In Todd's tower singing How Long Must This go On.

Our dance that turned out to be so much fun! I'm sure you noticed Todd's hair that would never stay in place! You have to oohh and aahh about the costumes just a bit...they took me FOREVER!...and I never did finish Todd's dress coat, but he couldn't do the lifts in it anyway, so I threw in the towel!

The End.



10 comments:

Craig and Aly said...

Such a cute princess! I want to dress up and look pretty! Fun! Fun! Fun! Good job on the costumes, you guys look great!

Prax Family said...

Cute Cassie! I think your costume for Todd looked really good. You can tell you spent a lot of time on it. I'm impressed and I bet you two were a hit!

jillian said...

Wow! you are just all around amazing cass. Great job on the costumes and Todd earned MEGA bonus brownie points!

Becca said...

I didn't even have a chance to come and see you two, but I heard it was great. Your dress is amazing. I am not shocked that you made it, I only have to covet that skill for a minute or two.

Bonnie said...

Cassie
You are so talented in so many ways. I cannot believe those costumes. I love the grin on Todd's face as he is getting his makeup applied!
Have I shared the photo that I took many years ago of Todd dressed up in one of Deb's dresses and high heels and makeup? If not I will have to dig that one out, it would make a nice BLOG posting!!

Kajsa said...

you are so talented and so pretty! thats fun that yall did that!

Bronwyn James said...

Adorable! You really do have a sweet husband. I think my husband would rather pluck out his toenails than dance on stage with me. He shows his love in other ways. :) And bravo on the costumes!

Tara said...

Looks fun! Wish we could've seen it.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

You are amazing. Todd is amazing. You can sew and be a mom and be skinny. WOW!

melimba said...

you did GREAT on the dress!!! I knew you had it in you! :)
All the costumes look great!
I can't wait to show Aaron the pictures of Todd! WONDERFUL!